We live in a world where everyone is on the go all the time. The word busy is glorified and you are considered a success if your calendar is packed to the brim. What this means is something has to give. Usually it’s the one thing we need to sustain ourselves: fueling our bodies.
Eating is something we do as an aside to a more important task. There is hardly a time when most people focus solely on their meal:
- We are multitasking while we eating.
- Our cell phones are always by us, so we can scroll through Instagram.
- We read books or watch t.v.
- Our families have a million and one things to tell us.
- We eat in our cars, shoveling food as fast as we can on the way to the next thing.
- Most days we are mindlessly putting food in without really paying attention.
People are not appreciating their food, which is why the health and wellness industry makes billions of dollars a year getting people to diet.