This year for my birthday, I’ve decided to change it up a bit. I love to write down my goals so for my 37th year I created a list of things I want to accomplish over the next year. All very achievable.
I printed out three sheets to place around my house. One in my bedroom closet so I can see it when I get dressed in the morning. Another in my nightstand table so when I write my Daily Gratitudes in the evening, it’s right there. The third sheet goes on my desk, so when I am working it is my clear view every time I glance up.
Some of these items will create better habits for myself within a year of doing them daily, some fulfill business goals, others are travel destinations but the ones I’m most excited about are the items that include spending more time with my family and friends.
In January, I come up with a word of the year. Honestly, I forgot what it is was. Oops. Oh well. Instead, I am going to say my word for my next birthday year is: Connect.
Even if it’s not your birthday, the week after Labor Day signifies the end of summer with the kids all back in school, so it’s a great time to reevaluate your list, check off what you’ve accomplish and add new ones that you’ve been inspired by.
Goals To Accomplish in My 37th Year of Life:
- Write and Publish a book
- Travel with John and the kids to New York City
- Learn how to be a photographer
- Pay off Trackersphere bills with the help of my business partner
- Start a local book club
- Get over 10,000 Instagram followers for the swipe up feature
- Have a reach of over 1,000,000 on my website
- Start a compost bin
- Run with the dog
- Monetize my blog
- Go to the Grand Canyon and Sedona
- Take a beach vacation with the family
- Go on a yoga retreat
- Take a Yoga With Adriene Live Class
- Read Harry Potter series with Jake
- Declutter and get rid of 10,000 items (trash doesn’t count)
- Date night with John once a month
- See my friend, Beth, in Hello, Dolly!
- Get a DNA ancestry test
- Read 52 books
- Wash my face at night
- Drink 24oz of water each morning
- Walk the dog at least 1x a day (2x if the kids don’t walk her the second)
- Buy a new to us family car
- Schedule an Ob/Gyn Appointment
- Reconnect with an old friend once a month by Snail Mail
- Drink 100oz of water a day
- Write Daily
- Social Media Detox for 5 days/ 1x per quarter
- Take a Social Media break for the whole month of February
- Go Alcohol Free for a month (or more)
- Take Luci to her first concert
- Leave $20 somewhere around town each month
- Test Drive a Tesla
- No Eating after 9pm
- Install a Fireplace
- Stop Playing Small
Put your oxygen mask on first.
Self care is essential for all parents to make it through the day.
So I’ve created a guide just for you: 7 Steps To Saying Yes to Yourself.